At the Chambers Group, safety is always our top priority.
Through the more than 50 years we’ve been in business, we’ve developed a culture of safety that is unrivaled by our competitors.
In 2011 DCT Chambers Trucking became the first BC-based carrier in our class to receive WorkSafeBC and the Trucking Safety Council of BC’s Certificate of Recognition (COR)—the highest safety honour in the industry.
We continue to earn our reputation as one of the safest trucking companies in Canada by:
- Reviewing our drivers’ daily logbooks regularly
- Training staff with a comprehensive Occupational Health & Safety program
- Hosting weekly toolbox talks with supervisors’ safety committees
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive driver’s handbook
- Using GPS technology to monitor over-the-road transportation
- Rewarding our safest drivers with prizes and bonuses
- Training drivers at each site and ensuring each site also meets all of our safety policy requirements
- Running a 24-hour dispatch for constant contact with our drivers
- Installing and testing next generation safety equipment (ie. lane departure & stability control systems)
- Following up on public feedback